Learning Resources Required For This Course Are Available For Purchase From Our Online Bookstore.
AP French is an advanced language course in which students acquire proficiencies that expand their cognitive, analytical and communicative skills. The AP French Language course prepares them for the AP French exam. Its foundation is the three modes of communication (Interpersonal, Interpretive and Presentational) as defined in the Standards for Foreign Language Learning in the 21st Century.
If you want to take the AP exam associated with this course, then be aware that the exam is offered by College Board in early May. Starting with the 2019-2020 year students must register for the exam in the fall. Plan accordingly. Go to collegeboard.com to register, find testing locations near you, and browse helpful tips and information.
A stable Internet connection is needed for this class since all work is done online. A minimum connection speed of 5Mbps is required. iPads are not compatible with this course.
From the Teacher
We have designed this course to help students:
- Prepare for the AP French Exam
- Thoroughly review French grammar
- Learn more about French and Francophone cultures and civilizations
- Acquire new vocabulary covering many genres and disciplines
- Fine-turn skills in reading and understanding French
- Perfect ability to write clearly and coherently in French
- Instigate and/or carry on involved conversations in French on a wide variety of topics
- Express themselves verbally with rich vocabulary, and clear pronunciation
- Persist in their study of French by providing a wide and interesting variety of activities
- Use French to participate in communities at home and around the world.