High School Health Education
Learning Resources Required For This Course Are Available For Purchase From Our Online Bookstore.
This course takes a look at how to live a healthy life. Students will cover units on Healthy Mind, Healthy Body, Healthy Eating, Sexual Health, and Substance Abuse. All course topics are investigated through a biblical perspective as students are presented with information in these areas along with activities, group discussions, simulations, case studies, and projects to make this information applicable to their lives. This course should help prepare students with the tools needed to live a truly "healthy" life.
Due to the nature of the course material in HLTH110, this course may only be taken by High School Students ages 14 and older.
From the Teacher
- What is all this talk about added sugar? Why should I even care about what I eat or drink?
- Why is it so hard for me to get along with my parents? We have opposite personalities.
- What do healthy relationships look like? Am I being bullied? How can I stop it?
- What can I do if my friend is struggling with an eating disorder?
- What exactly is a mental illness? Depression? How do I deal with that or help someone else struggling?
- What does a career in a health field look like? What does a nurse, physical therapist, nutritionist do?
Come join this course to explore the answers to these questions and much more. You have been created by God with purpose and to bring him glory with your body, so let’s learn more ways to do this together!