What is an Online School?
An online school simply means all courses, including teacher-to-student and student-to-student interaction happens via the Internet. Online education at NorthStar is a rich experience academically, spiritually, and socially. Online education offers homeschool families the opportunity to enrich their curriculum and maintain their family schedule while working towards an accredited diploma if desired. Parents remain involved in their children's education while not having to teach all classes. Online education allows schools to offer courses they could not normally offer with limited time, space, and staff; it also aids them in offering blended classrooms.
Is online education for your school or family? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page to help you determine how NorthStar can assist you in providing a full education for your student.
Hear from Morgan
Why Should NSA be my Online School?
NSA’s online educational program is characterized by the following features:
- Friendly, personal customer service and support
- Teacher-created core courses based on standards, expected student outcomes, and a biblical worldview
- 4–12 grade full curriculum as well as opportunities for dual enrollment in college courses
- Over 200 courses covering core subjects, foreign languages, fine arts, computer skills, college and career options, and AP® courses
- Academic rigor coupled with a biblical worldview
- Teachers who seek to follow Christ, are mission-minded, and desire to personally invest in students
- One-on-one communication with the teacher via Skype, instant message, and email
- Direct and timely feedback from teachers on assignments and assessments
- 24/7 access to online courses and grades
- Asynchronous courses that allow families and schools to work at their own pace and on their own schedule within NorthStar time-limits
- Several core classes offered with a once-a-week live classroom cohort model
- Opportunities for participation in extracurricular activities and projects such as student council, yearbook, and clubs
- Student services to include transcripts, career and academic counseling, and university or college admission support
- A state-of-the-art learning management system (LMS) that is fully integrated with video, audio, discussions, tests, quizzes, projects, and labs