Whom We Serve: Schools
Blended learning, personalized learning, mastery or competency based education…the world of education is changing fast.
Research indicates that by 2024, eighty percent of courses will be online or blended, and many colleges expect students to have completed an online course before graduation from high school. We want to help ensure that your school is a leader in this area and not a follower. NorthStar Academy can help you leverage online learning to expand your course offerings, blend your program, or meet staffing shortfalls. For more information, please watch the video from our director, Dan Cooley.
NorthStar Academy offers an Affiliate Program at no cost for your school. Affiliate schools may enroll students in over 200 courses at a discounted rate. Becoming an affiliate with NorthStar allows your school to have free training and full access to our learning management system enabling you to closely monitor student progress at all times.
Steps to becoming an Affiliate with NorthStar Academy:
- Schedule A Live Webinar to discuss how partnering with NSA will benefit your school. This meeting should include your school principal or agency head as well as the actual day to day supervisor that will be assigned to students taking online courses. Please schedule your meeting here: https://goo.gl/dzPCny
- Complete the New Affiliate Partnership Questionnaire. This ten minute questionnaire will give NSA specific information about your needs as well as help us determine how to best organize the webinar for your school. This form must be completed prior to the webinar. Please complete the questionnaire here: https://goo.gl/qpgYex
- Complete the Affiliate Enrollment Form. This five minute form will give NSA your demographic and supervisor information. Once this form and the webinar have been completed, an account will be created for your school/agency. Your identified supervisor(s) will be enrolled in our online training course which must be completed prior to enrolling students in courses. Please complete the form here: https://goo.gl/Rke4aY
- Complete the online Supervisor Training course. Each supervisor identified on the Affiliate Enrollment Form will be sent login information. Every person that will be responsible for supervising students taking online courses with NSA must complete the School Supervisor Orientation. Once the orientation has been completed, the supervisor will have the ability to register students.
- Enroll Students In Courses: Once the orientation is completed in full, supervisors may enroll students in courses. Supervisors will need to order all required resources prior to the course start date. Also, supervisors will need to allow time for students to complete their NorthStar Student Orientation before starting their course(s).
NorthStar Academy offers two blended learning options for your school. Our Virtual Program (VRP) and our NorthStar Cooperative Program (NCP). Our VRP offers fully accredited teacher-led courses which can be transferred directly to your students’ transcripts. Our NCP offers your onsite teachers access to our rich curriculum to use in their classrooms to create a blended learning environment.
For more information: