Our Students Connect
Hear what all the buzz is about on NSA's learning management system (or LMS)!
NorthStar Academy offers a wide range of classes, from 4th grade through high school. While classes may be online, you can still get the classroom experience you're looking for. With interactive assignments, such as discussion boards, students can express themselves and provide feedback to their fellow classmates in a safe environment. You can learn about what others think of a certain topic in literature, or get help on that one formula you've been struggling with in math. Some students and teachers also choose to connect on academic topics outside the classroom via Teams.
Another exciting prospect to NorthStar's online classroom approach is the option to enroll in Enriched Virtual Program (EVP) courses. Here, students attend weekly live sessions with teachers and their classmates all around the world. These classes not only provide additional opportunities for student interaction in a fun and educational setting, but is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have on the week's material. With EVP's weekly due dates, students can stick to a brick-and-mortar school schedule while still having the flexibility of studying at home!
Teams & Outlook
Learn more about the newest platform additions to NorthStar Academy: Microsoft Teams and Outlook!
- Teams gives NSA Students and Teachers the ability to chat and video call with each other, which provides support and fun social engagement!
- Grade Calls and Webinars play important roles at NSA. Students of all grades and ages can interact together and discover more about their school in this live environment.
- Channels and Teams help keep things organized and make sure there's a place for everyone! With teams for each grade level, and themed channels, you can bet there's always something iNSAne going on.
- Emails are also important at NSA. Microsoft Outlook functions as the place to send emails to teachers and friends. On top of that, you can also schedule meetings, add contacts, and customize your font/signature!
Roleplays are at the heart of NSA student communication. Have you ever wanted to travel through a mystical forest, battle a dragon or a porkypine, or learn about the history behind the legendary NSA diamonds? Now you can from the comfort of your own home! Whether it's in a public chat or a private chat, there's always some kind of iNSAne adventure going on, including...
- The NaAT (Noble and Ancient Thread)
- The RNAT (Restitutional New Age Thread)
- The Mage's Guild
Have a certain interest? NorthStar Academy may just have the outlet you're looking for! Teams offers a variety of interest areas and clubs, such as:
- Art & Photography
- Creative Writing
- Coding & Technology
- Spiritual Life
NSA Sibling Program
Starting a new school can be scary, especially online where there are so many people it's hard to keep track. If you have questions about NSA, want to learn more about the programs, or just have someone to show you around, look no further than the NSA Siblings Program. Run by the Welcome Committee, new students are paired up with more experienced NSAers (or big siblings), who teach them the ropes and share some tricks along the way.
Participants of the sibling program can:
- Discover more about their NSA Classes and Buzz.
- Meet new friends on Teams and Outlook.
- Learn about the exciting and magical stories of NSA lore.
- Get personalized support from their big sibling.
Just because NorthStar Academy is an online school, don't let that fool you. NSA students have the chance to meet some familiar faces at a variety of in-person activities.
NSA meetups are a great way to connect with and meet your fellow classmates and instructors! With students and teachers all over the globe, it's only matter of time before their paths cross. Whether you live in or are traveling through the United States or abroad, you can almost guarantee there's an NSAer near you. If you have the chance to meet up, don't forget to do the decades-old tradition of taking an "elbow pic!"
Real people, real places, and real ministry: that's what NorthStar Academy is all about. To fulfill this mission, NSA facilitates regular mission trips with students from around the world to a variety of locations for relational service. Teachers and staff join students as chaperones to destinations such as Colombia and Colorado City, Arizona. The opportunities for service are endless, and mission trips are always in the works!
2019 marked the first live graduation ceremony for NorthStar Academy. Students from across the world traveled to NSA headquarters in Southaven, Mississippi, to spend time with friends and share the graduates' exciting last days of high school!