Teach at NorthStar Academy
NorthStar Academy is a member school of the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS); please view all needed teacher positions for NorthStar Academy on the NICS website.
The profile of a successful online teacher, as shown below, will help you determine if an online teacher position is a good fit for you. A good NorthStar online teacher will be able to do the following:
- Lovingly disciple and encourage students to be followers of Christ.
- Strive to live a life in obedience to God.
- Support NorthStar’s vision and mission statement.
- Enjoy being a course author/developer.
- Actively practice continuous improvement in assigned courses.
- Use standards, expected student outcomes, and biblical worldview principles to design academic, engaging, individualized courses.
- Provide thorough and timely feedback on student-submitted assignments.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to all student and parent e-mails.
- Clearly communicate with Christ-like grace and love when dealing with difficult situations.
- Create a teacher presence and a sense of community within the virtual classroom.
- Work in geographic isolation from both students and colleagues.
- Collaborate regularly with fellow teachers for the sharing of ideas, professional development, etc.
- Learn and embrace new technology resources as tools of the trade.
- Move from a traditional teacher model to a mentor-guide model.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to troubleshoot problems when needed.