Our Tech Requirements
NorthStar Academy strives to be as accessible as possible to our families. However, there are certain requirements in order to have the best success at our school:
- Students may use a computer with any operating system* they wish. We highly recommend the use of Google Chrome as your browser choice. NorthStar systems run optimally with Google Chrome.
- Each NorthStar student must have access to the Internet. A minimum of 5Mbps download speed is highly recommended.
- Some courses may require the submission of hand written work, so a scanner or digital camera may be required in some instances.
- Assignments must be submitted in Microsoft Office formats or Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc). Several programs may be purchased to meet this requirement, but a free Google Drive account can also be created to use Google Documents. All currently enrolled students may request free access to Microsoft Office 365 from our support department.
- We highly recommend that you utilize an Anti-Virus program. Our software will detect suspicious items and not allow them to be submitted.
* Students using Chromebooks will be limited in their interactions with NorthStar Academy. FirstClass will need to be used from the web client and any activities requiring Java will be blocked.
To download Google Chrome, please click here.