Our Tech Requirements
NorthStar Academy strives to be as accessible as possible to our families. However, there are certain requirements in order to have the best success at our school:
- Students may use a computer or mobile device with any operating system* they wish. We highly recommend the use of Google Chrome as your browser choice. NorthStar systems run optimally with Google Chrome.
- Each NorthStar student must have access to the Internet. A minimum of 5Mbps download speed is highly recommended.
- Some courses may require the submission of hand written work, so a scanner or digital camera may be required in some instances.
- Assignments must be submitted in Microsoft Office formats or Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc). Several programs may be purchased to meet this requirement, but a free Google Drive account can also be created to use Google Documents. All currently enrolled students may request free access to Microsoft Office 365 from our support department.
- We highly recommend that you utilize an Anti-Virus program. Our software will detect suspicious items and not allow them to be submitted.
* Special notes for students using Linux, Chromebooks, or mobile devices:
- Students using these systems may be limited in their interactions with NorthStar Academy.
- Any device that cannot install the First Class client or app will need to use the web interface to access First Class.
- Course activities using Java may, in some cases, be blocked on these devices. If a required activity is blocked, please use a Mac or Windows PC to perform that activity or contact the course instructor for a possible alternate activity.
To download Google Chrome, please click here.