Who should Enroll
Successful NorthStar Academy Students
Online courses are not for every student. Some successful, classroom students will not do well in the online environment and vice versa. Please review the following criteria to self-assess your student’s aptitude for success in our online environment.
A successful NorthStar Academy student will be one who, typically:
- works well independently, not needing constant adult supervision.
- does not need a high degree of social interaction during the learning process.
- can monitor his or her own progress in an assignment and/or course.
- has designated a specific and supportive learning area in which to study.
- has a parent or parents who are committed to their supervisory role or has an adult supervisor who has the time and ability to successfully oversee his or her progress in the course(s) or program.
- has at least a basic comfort and competence level with computer skills to include email and word processing.
- reads at his or her grade level or above and is able to learn via the written word and other graphics, not needing continual oral instruction to learn.